Concord CRM has built-in filters feature which can be applied on most of the dynamic tables as well on deals board, the built-in Concord CRM feature is a very useful feature to create predefined and default filters, as well share filters with other team members so they can use them in their setup.
The filters consist of groups and rules. Groups can contain rules and other groups. Each group has, by default, a match type of either "all" (AND) or "any" (OR).
# Create Rules
Assuming you want to create or apply a filter for the "Activities" table, after the table load, where the table search bar is located, click on the "Filters" button.
When you click on the "Filters" button a new section will be shown where you can add rules to the actual filter, based on the feature you are viewing the rules will be different and you will be able to choose multiple rules to create your filter.
For this example, let's assume we want to create a filter to show the activities you are assigned to which are due in the current week.
- From the rules list, select the rule Owner and click Add Rule then select Me which is equivalent to the current logged in user.
- From the rules list, select the rule Due Date and click Add Rule then select This Week.
- Click Apply Filters to apply the filters and reload the table with the configured filter rules.
# Match Type
Each group consist of Match Type for the applied rules, there are 2 options, All and Any, when creating rules, if you want all rules to be matched in the filter group, you should select All, if you want to retrieve results where Any of the rules are matched, select Any.
Consider the following example (click on image to enlarge):
You can see from the screenshot that Match Type is set to Any, this filter will give us all records which have country United States or their Phone begins with +1.
If we set Match Type to All, the result will return only records that have country United States and their phone begins with +1, for example, if there is a record with country United States and the phone begins with +235, this record won't be matched and will be excluded from the data.
# Save Filters
In Concord CRM you can save your filters to re-use them when you need to query the data and also make the saved filters as default, this option gives you a very unique and personalized experience with Concord CRM to adjust the data you want to be shown based on your requirements.
- After you apply filter rules, click on the Save Filter button.
- Enter Filter Name e.q. USA Contacts.
- Choose whether you want to share this filter with other team members, so they can use your filter for them too.
- Click Save.
After a filter is created, it can be applied manually, by selecting the filter from the saved filters list.
# Update Filters
After you save a filter, you can adjust this filter and add additional rules or remove any existing rules.
- To update a filter, you must first activate the filter, from the saved filters list, choose the filter you want to update and click on the filter name.
- Adjust any rules.
- Click Update Filter.
# Make Filter Default
After you create a filter, you can mark the filter as default for the feature you have saved the filter.
Assuming that you created a filter for the activities table after you mark the filter as default, every time you will access the activities table, this filter will be automatically applied and the data shown on the table will be filtered based on the rules you created for the filter.
- To mark filter as default, you will need first to create a filter.
- After you create the filter, click the Mark as default filter button.
To make an existing filter as default, you will need first to select the filter from the available saved filters list then click on the Mark as default button.
You can mark shared filters from other members as default too for your views.
# Filter Groups
The filter groups feature is a feature to match multiple conditions in your filter, for example, you want to filter all contacts that are assigned to you AND the contact country is "United States" OR contact phone number begins with +1.
To retrieve those contacts we will apply the following rules:
- In default group, create new group and set Match Type to All.
- In new group, add rule Owner and select Me.
- In the new group add sub group and set Match Type to Any.
- Add rule Country and select United States.
- Add rule Phone that begins with +1.
- Click Apply Filters.
# System Filters
Concord CRM installation comes with default filters for few of the resources, these filters are predefined and can be applied out of the box, however, because these filters may be modified and enhanced in future there is no ability to modify, delete or add rules to the filters, you can only mark them as default or apply them e.q. on table view.
However, the predefined default filters rules already exists in Concord CRM, if you need to extend these filters, you can create new filter instead with the same rules and additionally add/remove any other rules you are in need for the filter.